Sometimes the toughest part of getting customer feedback is knowing what information to collect and what questions to ask your customer. It’s so tough, in fact, that there are some users who turn into a pillar of salt when confronted with the dreaded — “Create a Survey” button and have to choose “New Survey” to create a survey from scratch.
Of course, you don’t always HAVE to create a survey from scratch, because we’ve created a bunch of customer feedback surveys and a whole library of online survey templates that can get you started. All you have to do is select “Copy a survey template” and then select industry specific template. You can download survey templates in under a minute
But let’s say those aren’t exactly what you had in mind. You are looking to really get to know your customer better so that you can create amazing new products and services that will be irresistible to them. You don’t want to use the questions we’ve already laid out, you want something different — but WHAT are the questions to ask your customer? This is what we’re going to answer for you today.
What questions to ask your customer to sell more stuff and be more profitable
What’s turning your customers on or off?
- What are the trigger events that get them thinking about your product or service?
- What is the last thing your customers see or hear about your product that drives them to purchase it?
- What are the failure modes that can happen with your product to create a bad experience?
- What excuses do customers give to your sales people about why they switched?
- What did your customers experience with an alternative that drove them to switch to your product?
- What words do people use to talk about your product or service to friends and family?
- What qualms or discomforts do people feel or talk about regarding your product or service?What are the potential opportunities you might be missing out on?
- What are some features that competitors or other alternatives offer that you don’t?
- What does your customer WISH for that no one seems to get?
- What is really important to your customer when they are buying what you are selling
- What features do you offer that your customers don’t seem to value? What can you learn about your customer? (besides their income level)
- Who is currently buying what you are selling?
- What are their lives really like?
- What frustrations do they have that your product or service solves?
- What is their perceived notion of how this problem is solved?
- Who do they listen to when it comes to solving this problem?
- Who influences them when they purchase what you are selling?
- Where do they spend their money — not just how much do they make, but what do they value?
- What is the single most important benefit your customer gets from your product?
- What image do your customers have of your brand?
We hope that these questions to ask your customer will get the responses you’re looking for. Here are even more – 5 Market Research Questions To Ask Your Customers.