Net promoter score is one of the most effective ways to not only gauge customer feedback with one simple score, but its also a great way to compare yourself to others in your industry (learn more about creating a net promoter question here). But how do you know where you stand? Sametrix provides NPS data across many industries, which you can purchase from their website. Here are some of the highest scores among some key segments:
- Financial Services – Wachovia – 32%.
- Credit Card Companies – American Express – 47%.
- Internet Service Providers – Verizon and Earthlink – 10%.
- Cable and Satellite – DirectTV – 20%
- Telephone – Vonage – 49%
- Computer Hardware – Apple – 79%
- Computer Software – Adobe – 46%
- Online Shopping – Barnes and Noble – 74%
- Online Search – Google – 73%
- Net Promoter Score: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter_Score
- Building a Net Promoter Score Question: http://www.questionpro.com/features/net-promoter-score.html