Embedding a YouTube Video
Can I embed or post a YouTube video in my survey?
There are two ways to include a YouTube video in your survey. The first is to include a Video question in your survey. The second is to add video to a Select One question. To do this, follow the steps listed below.
- Log in >> Surveys (Select Survey) >> Edit Survey
- Hover over the question to bring up the fly-out menu on the right side of the screen.
- Click More >>, then select Display Settings.
- In the YouTube Video section, enter the YouTube video ID. If the youtube video URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AK5Bxs3XxM, then the video ID is: 9AK5Bxs3XxM
The video will be embedded and display as part of your survey.
How can I upload other audio or video files?
- Login » Surveys » (Select Survey) » Edit » Images
- Upload the file to your account.
- For the uploaded file, HTML embed code is generated.
- Copy and paste this code anywhere on the survey to embed the file.
I have embedded audio or video, but it does not display or play on the survey.
For audio or video to play or display online in a browser, a compatible playback software is necessary. Please make sure you and your respondents install the necessary software or plugins.
- Adobe Flash player: Required to stream Youtube videos.
- Quick Time: Plays most audio / video formats.