What is Survey Chaining? How can I set up Survey Chaining?
Survey Chaining can be used to intelligently branch to different surveys depending upon how people respond to certain questions. Based on how respondents answer a question they will be taken to different surveys. To set up survey chaining, go to:
- Login » Surveys » (Select Survey) » Edit Survey » Add/Edit Questions » Fly Out Menu » Logic
- Clicking on the Logic button on the fly-out menu will open the logic popup
- On the Branching / Skip Logic screen, select the Chain Survey option from the If selected, jump to menu.
- Dynamically, Chained Surveys menu will list all the surveys in your account. Select the survey you want to chain to and save.
When logic is set up for a question, a page break is automatically inserted. This page break is necessary for branching to function properly and cannot be removed.
If I chain from one survey to the other, can the data be automatically be interlinked?
Yes. The response id for the survey from where the responden is directed to another survey is passed in as an External Reference Variable and available with the response for the chained survey. When using our email management tool you can upload custom variables with the email addresses and these custom variables are passed along to the chained surveys as well. You can use these for tracking.
License & Access Options
This feature/tools described here are available with the following license(s) :
- Corporate Edition - Buy Now - $99/Month
- Unlimited Surveys, Questions, Responses
- Advanced Toolset and Features
- No Long Term Commitment