What is extraction from Matrix Table Question Type?
Extracting from a matrix question is a very useful feature, specially for surveys such as:
Now, suppose you would like to ask the respondent why he/she selected Not Satisfied for a particular service provider. You can use Extraction to set this up.
If the respondent selects Not Satisfied for AOL and Qwest for question 1 then the extracted question (i.e. question 2) will be displayed as follows:
How to setup Matrix Extraction?
To set up extraction, go to:
- Login » Surveys » (Select Survey) » Edit Survey » Add/Edit Questions » Fly Out Menu » Logic
- For the source question (e.g. question 1 from above example) click on the Logic button.
- Select Extraction from Logic Types
- Choose the criteria for extraction. Select the check boxes for answer options for which extraction should be performed.
- Select Question Type to Extract to
- Multiple Choice
- Open-Ended Text
- Ordering - Rank Order
- Ordering - Drag & Drop
- Ordering - Constant Sum
- Rating - Star Rating
- Matrix Table - Multi-Point Scales
- Slider - Numeric
- Select Default Destination. This is the question where respondents will be directed in case no extraction option is selected.
- Click on the Save Logic button
The destination question will be automatically inserted into your survey. You can Edit the destination question as per your requirements.
License & Access Options
This feature/tools described here are available with the following license(s) :
- Corporate Edition - Buy Now - $99/Month
- Unlimited Surveys, Questions, Responses
- Advanced Toolset and Features
- No Long Term Commitment