The Board of Directors of the Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS (www.swcenter.org) is pleased to announce that it is expanding its board membership. You can help the SWC continue to advance its mission to serve individuals touched by HIV/AIDS through prevention, education, client-centered services and coordinated care in collaboration with community partners.
The Board is looking for creative, passionate, strong and diverse community leaders to serve as volunteer board members, willing to devote time and energy to this dynamic and growing organization to help further our mission, diversify resources, and foster sustainable community public health.
We're especially looking for individuals with legal expertise in healthcare, financial and investment experience, communications and marketing background, major donor development, behavioral health and/or previous board experience. The ideal candidates for membership on the Board of Directors of SWC will be those individuals who demonstrate passion for the mission and the community, a desire to reach underserved populations and communities of color, and are able to commit to:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis (currently 6 per year);
- Enhance the organization's public standing by promoting the organization's mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public;
- Ensure that the appropriate organizational structures are in place to support mission and strategic plan; this includes bylaws, policies, and committees; Select, evaluate, and support the Executive Director;
- Demonstrate leadership by adhering to the highest standards of ethical actions in decision-making and by financially supporting the organization at a level that is personally significant;
- Be available to serve on one Standing Committee and volunteer in other capacities as needed;
- Possess an open mindedness and commitment to making the best decision for the whole organization;
- Maintain ability to keep confidential information confidential, disclose any and all conflicts of interest, and be willing to speak with one voice; and
- Financially support the Southwest Center with a minimum $3,500 "give or get" requirement.
If you are interested in serving on the board or on a committee, please share the following information with us.
This Open Call will close on July 1.