Welcome and thank you for participating!
About the California Coalition for Empowered District Schools
The California Coalition for Empowered District Schools (cc4eds) is a diverse coalition of educators, advocates, labor partners, researchers, policy makers, nonprofits, public schools, and districts who have joined together to support the growth and success of empowered district school communities and school systems across the state of California.
Our mission is to serve as a collaborative hub that convenes, connects, catalyzes, and communicates best practices, resources, and expertise to support the launch, growth, and success of empowered district school communities to improve outcomes for California’s historically and systemically underserved students.
For more information about cc4eds, check out OUR WEBSITE
About this Survey
We believe there are many schools and districts across the state who agree that those closest to students - educators, families, community members and even students themselves - should play an important role in determining how our schools operate. To date, however, there has been no organized, statewide movement to connect and support these “empowered district schools” and “empowering districts”. We believe there is power and potential in identifying and connecting these schools and districts communities to learn, grow, and advocate together.
Through this survey, we hope to identify both existing and aspiring empowered district schools and empowering districts across the state of California. We will use the data from this survey to:
- Learn more about your school/district and what it needs to engage in the important work of school-site empowerment
- Begin to build a powerful network of school communities and district leaders dedicated with a shared vision of improving student outcomes through a shared strategy of empowering our school sites
- Inform future programs, initiatives, and funding opportunities offered by the cc4eds and our partner organizations
The individual information gathered through this survey will be kept confidential and secured for cc4eds purposes only. We may, however, use this data to:
- Follow up with you and your team so that we can explore and grow our partnership
- Share trends and themes related to the current state and needs of the schools and districts participating in the survey in order to increase awareness about our coalition and advocate for the needs of schools and districts pursuing this theory of action
Who should take the Survey?
Because empowered district schools and empowering districts are very diverse, there may be a range of personnel who could best answer this survey, including principals, district leaders, teacher/teacher leaders, instructional coaches, and parent/family leaders It is fine to have multiple participants from a given school or district take the survey. Participants are encouraged to share the survey with others.
This survey should take you approximately 10 minutes to complete.
If you have questions about cc4eds or this survey, we’re happy to connect! Feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Please start with the survey now by clicking on the NEXT button below.