Please fill out the information below before submitting any of the required documents. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask us for help.
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a Quantum for All Instructional Leader. Please read the requirements and expectations below and then fill out the application form. By completing the application you are agreeing to fulfill the requirements and acknowledging that the information you provide is accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Requirements for Instructional Leaders (ILs) include
1) Minimum of 3 years of experience as a high school physics, chemistry, or STEM classroom educator
2) Experience as a peer presenter (i.e. comfortable presenting to adults, co-workers, and students)
3) Dedication to being a lifelong learner in the field of STEM education, pedagogy, and research as evidenced by continued professional development
4) Punctual to meetings, prompt in communication responses, and professional in dealings with peers, parents, and the community.
Expectations of Instructional Leaders
1) Attend and actively participate all sessions of the leadership conference July 17-19, 2021 in Arlington, TX. After successful completion of the conference, you will receive a stipend of $500 for attending and contributing to the project. A block of rooms has been reserved at a convenient hotel, but you will be responsible to pay for your travel, lodging, and meals.
2) Assist in the preparation and presentation of workshop sessions for the 2021 Quantum Workshop July 20-23, 2021. The sessions will be held virtually and there will be multiple presenters for each session (for support). Additional stipends will be provided for these workshop presentations as well as potential student camps (virtual).
3) Continue to support the project for the duration of the grant (through 2023) by assisting in the development and preparation of curriculum as well as the presentation of sessions, modules, lessons, or tutorials. Assist LTMs in preparation and presentations for the face-to-face workshops and camps in the summer of 2022 and 2023. You will receive stipends for attending and presenting at these workshops and camps.
4) Provide documentation of support from the school, district, or employer. Due to funding limitations, priority will be given to applicants within close proximity to the 4 main workshop sites. If you want to be an Instructional Leader, but are not close to the main workshop site, you will be expected to pay part of your travel expenses. It is suggested you ask your district for assistance as part of their commitment to support your training and involvement in this national project.
5) Utilize Quantum for All resources in your classroom and provide feedback and suggestions regarding student engagement, understanding, and interest.
6) Protect the integrity and copyrights of all resources