Communities - Discussion Setting
Under the Discussions module you can initiate a live discussion with your community. You can create a real time chat or video discussion to facilitate interaction or promote engagement between community members.
How to create/schedule a Chat Room discussion?
- Go to: Communities » Modules
- Go to Discussions
- Click on the New Discussion button.
- Discussion Name: Enter the name for the community discussion.
- Description: Enter the description in this field about your community discussion.
- Type: Select Type as Chat Room for a live chat discussion. To conduct a video discussion, you have to select Video Meeting from the dropdown menu.
- Limit Session - Time Window: Set the start date/time and end date/time for your community discussion.
- Filter Members: Select the criteria to chat with the filtered members. All the created filters in the account will be listed. Create a sampling filter under Analytics if you want to share the discussion with particular group of members.
How to create/schedule a Video Meeting discussion?
- Go to: Communities » Modules » Discussions » New Discussion
- Type: Select Type as Video Meeting from the dropdown menu.
- All the other fields should be provided with data as mentioned above for the Chat Room discussion.
How to differentiate a Chat Room from a Video Meeting on the discussions listing page?
Every discussion on the listing page will be marked with an icon under the title column (right before the discussion name). Based on the type of the discussion, it will be marked with a video meeting icon or a chat room icon accordingly.
What type of analysis and reporting could I generate from a live Chat Room discussion?
You can :
- Download the profile information for all the participants
- Download the Discussion Transcript
How can I show a video during the live Chat Room session to all the participants?
Initiate a whiteboard and paste the video embed code on the whiteboard. You can also share other html/ multimedia content with the participants.
How does the Chat Room discussion look on members community portal?
How does the Video Meeting discussion look on members community portal?
How does the Video Meeting discussion look on Admin community portal?
As an admin, you can:
- see the real time transcripts for the entire conversation.
- bookmark specific messages by clicking on the star icon and you can quickly refer to them under Starred Tab.
- record the session and download it from Discussion Recordings link.
Does Video Meeting discussion show member email addresses when joined?
No, Video Meeting will show the username of the member during the meeting, if the username is available for the member. If the username is not available for the member, it will show as Member 1 during the meeting.
Este recurso está disponível com a seguinte licença: