What is a star rating question?
A star rating question is a type of rating question that allows users to rank attributes on a 5-point scale represented with stars. It is a 5-point matrix question, but instead of radio buttons or check boxes, stars are used to represent it.
What are the benefits of using Star Rating ?
Star Rating gives researchers the opportunity to produce question and answer styles that incorporate a greater breadth of answers, as well as enable animation and interactivity.
How can I setup Star Rating question type ?
- Go to: Login » Surveys » Edit » Workspace » Add Question
- From Basic select Star Rating question type.
- Add Row: You can add multiple rows using add row feature.
- Required: When you add questions to a survey, by default, required option is turned off. When required option is not enabled, respondents can continue with the survey without selecting answers. If respondents go through all the pages in the survey without selecting answers, the response is still considered as complete. You can enable required option to make a question required so that respondents can continue with the survey only after responding to the questions.
- Add/Edit Answers in Bulk: This option helps to add answer choices in bulk. We can copy and paste the list of answer options directly in this field. You can also enable other option to add 'Other' as an answer choice in the list.
Can I edit the number of stars for this question?
You cannot edit the number of stars for this question. The question is a 5-star question per the standard used in star rating scales.