Community profile field mapping
Survey question can be used to link the answer values from the survey to any community profile field. These answer values used in the survey are updated to the ‘profile fields’ in the community.
Following questions are supported to link to a community :
- Multi-Choice : Select one, select many, drop-down.
- Text : Comment box, single row text, numeric input, contact information.
- Image chooser : Select one, select many.
- Misc : Date & time, calendar.
- Mobile : QR code-Like/Dislike.
How to link a question to community profile field?
- Add any one of the above questions, goto: Settings >> Communities >> Community Settings.
- Select the community to which you want to link to and under 2nd drop down select the profile question.
To add profile fields in community.Click here
How does this work?
Once you link a question, the answer values get merged with the profile field which you selected.
You have a few profile fields created in your community. Now, you want to populate these fields by sending the members the survey. So,
- Step 1: Create fields in community.
- Step 2: Create a survey with exact same fields.
- Step 3: Link them.
In that way when the survey is answered the values will get populated in community profile fields as well.
This feature is available with the following license :