Welcome to 80's Movie Trivia! Are you ready to test your knowledge on the memorable films that defined the best of the Reagan era? In this quiz, we'll take a look at some of the most popular and iconic movies of the 1980s. From sci-fi blockbusters to family-friendly comedies, we'll explore some of the best films ever made. So grab some popcorn and let's get started as we go on a journey back in time to the magical decade of the 80's!
1) Who played the lead role in the 1986 classic, Top Gun?
2) What 1980s band's song Footloose was featured on the soundtrack of the 1984 movie with the same name?
3) What was the title of the 1980 disaster movie starring Steve McQueen and Paul Newman?
4) Who directed the iconic science-fiction movie, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, in 1982?
5) What year was the fantasy movie Ghostbusters released?
6) Who starred as the titular character in the 1987 movie The Princess Bride?
7) What was the name of the animated character created by Don Bluth who starred in the 1984 movie, The Land Before Time?
8) Who played the title character in the 1985 comedy Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?
9) What character does Bill Murray play in the 1988 comedy movie, Scrooged?
10) What was the name of the hotel featured in the 1980 horror movie, The Shining?
11) Who plays the titular character in the 1989 movie, Batman?
12) Who starred as the titular Private Detective in the 1980 film, The Private Eyes?
13) What genre of movie was Flash Gordon released as in 1980?
14) Who starred as the titular character in the 1982 movie, Blade Runner?
15) What year was the cult classic comedy movie, Airplane released?
16) What cult classic horror movie followed a group of teens who accidentally unleash an evil force in a small town in 1989?
17) What was the name of the 1985 black comedy film directed by Jonathan Demme?
18) Who starred as the lead in the 1986 John Hughes directed coming-of-age comedy classic, Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
19) What is the title of the 1983 cult classic children's movie directed by Jim Henson?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.