Welcome to American History Questions! Test your knowledge of American history by challenging yourself with these trivia questions. Do you know your American history? How much do you remember from your grade school days? Put your knowledge to the test with these questions about the people, events and ideas that shaped America. You may be surprised by how much you know about the land of the free. So, get ready, get set, and let's see how much you know about American history!
1) What year was the Declaration of Independence signed?
2) When was the US Constitution written?
3) Who was the first president of the United States?
4) What event started the AmericanCivil War?
5) When did Congress pass the 19th Amendment, giving women the right to vote?
6) What event provoked the First Barbary War?
7) What year was the Emancipation Proclamation issued?
8) What event ended the American Revolution?
9) Who wrote the book "Common Sense"?
10) What event led up to the "Allied victory" in World War II?
11) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
12) Who was the leader of South during the Civil War?
13) Who wrote the US Constitution?
14) When did Congress pass the 13th Amendment, ending slavery?
15) What year did the United States purchase Alaska from Russia?
16) What event triggered the Spanish-American War?
17) Who was the first person to appear on a US postage stamp?
18) When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
19) What year did the United States gain independence from Great Britain?
20) When did the United States enter World War I?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.