Welcome to American History trivia! Test your knowledge of the United States from the founding of the nation to the present day. In this trivia template you will find questions about everybody from George Washington to Barack Obama. From the American Revolution to the Industrial Revolution, from the Louisiana Purchase to the space race, American history is full of fascinating facts, figures and stories about the people and events that shaped our nation. So get ready to explore the incredible story of the United States and have some fun with American History trivia!
1) Who was the first president of the United States?
2) What year did the American Revolutionary War end?
3) What Amendment to the Constitution abolished slavery in the United States?
4) During which war was the Battle of Gettysburg fought?
5) When did the United States enter World War II?
6) What geopolitical event took place in 1949?
7) When was the Declaration of Independence signed?
8) Who was the author of the Star-Spangled Banner?
9) What event prompted the US's entry in World War I?
10) Who wrote the Federalist Papers?
11) What was the first successful flight by airplane?
12) What event triggered the American Civil War?
13) What event occurred on September 11, 2001?
14) Who was the first woman elected to Congress?
15) What year did the US acquire the Louisiana Territory?
16) When was the first Moon Landing?
17) Who wrote the words of the Pledge of Allegiance?
18) What was the name of the US space mission that first put a man on the Moon?
19) What year was the US Declaration of Independence adopted?
20) What year did World War I officially begin?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.