Amman is the capital city of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, located in the Middle East. It is the largest city in the country and the administrative, economic, and cultural center of the country. It has a history stretching back over 5,000 years, making it one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Its rich cultural heritage reflects its diverse population, as well as its role as a major center for trade and religious pilgrimage for centuries. Amman is known for its bustling souqs and ancient Roman ruins, such as the Temple of Hercules and the Umayyad Palace. Today, it is a vibrant and modern city, with many attractions, including world-class museums and galleries, a vibrant nightlife, and a range of shopping and dining options. It is a unique destination, offering visitors the chance to explore both its traditional charms and its modern attractions.
1) What is the capital of Jordan?
2) What is Amman's approximate elevation?
3) What mountain range does Amman lie within?
4) What country does Amman share a border with?
5) What is the Amman Citadel's ancient name?
6) What is the name of Amman's main airport?
7) How many municipalities are there in Amman?
8) What is the name of Amman's Roman theater?
9) What is the official language of Jordan?
10) How many times was Amman destroyed in antiquity?
11) In which year did Amman become Jordan's capital?
12) What is the name of Amman's main public university?
13) What is the name of the mountain peak located in the center of Amman?
14) What is the name of the ancient Roman fortress located in Amman?
15) What is the main religion of Jordan?
16) What is the name of Jordan's Jordanian Dinar?
17) What is the approximate population of Amman?
18) Which of Amman's 7 hills is the highest?
19) What is the name of Amman's main train station?
20) What is the name of the ancient site located in Amman?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.