Welcome to "Black History Questions" Trivia! This exciting trivia game provides an opportunity to learn more about the history of black people in America, including their contributions to culture, politics, and art. From pioneering civil rights activists to inspiring athletes, the heroes of black history have shaped the world we live in today. See how much you know about these incredible individuals and their accomplishments by testing your knowledge in this trivia game!
1) Who wrote the novel The Autobiography of Malcolm X?
2) Who was the first African American to be elected to the US House of Representatives?
3) Who was the first African American to win an Oscar for Best Actor?
4) What is the name of the first major slave rebellion in the United States?
5) What does NAACP stand for?
6) Who wrote the novel “Their Eyes Were Watching God”?
7) Who was the first African-American female to win a Nobel Prize?
8) Who was the first African American woman to be appointed to the US Supreme Court?
9) What was the “Little Rock Nine”?
10) Who wrote “I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings”?
11) Who was the first African American woman to win a Pulitzer Prize?
12) What is the name of the organization founded by Harriet Tubman?
13) What is the name of the organization founded by Mary McLeod Bethune?
14) Who was the first African American to win a Nobel Prize?
15) Who was the first African American to be elected US President?
16) Who wrote the book “The Souls of Black Folk”?
17) Who was the first African American to win a Grammy Award?
18) What is the name of the organization founded by Booker T. Washington?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.