Welcome to our Black History trivia template! Through this template, you'll get to explore the people, places, and events that have helped shape African American culture and history. From historical figures to influential artworks, you'll learn about the moments and individuals that have helped shape culture and history. After the quiz, you'll be able to expand your knowledge and understand the importance of recognizing and celebrating the incredible stories of African American history. So let's get started and expand your knowledge of this dynamic and vibrant history.
1) Who was the first African American to win the Nobel Peace Prize?
2) What was the name of the slave ship that transported captives from Africa to North America in 1619?
3) Who was the first African American woman to be elected to congress?
4) Who was the first African American heavyweight boxing champion?
5) When did the Emancipation Proclamation go into effect?
6) Who wrote the autobiography “Soul on Ice”?
7) What was the first African American owned newspaper?
8) Who was the first black woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court?
9) Who was the first African American self-made millionaire?
10) What city was the first to observe Black History Month?
11) What was the first African American college in the United States?
12) Who was the first African American woman to become a millionaire?
13) What was the first African American owned and operated film studio?
14) Who was the first African American Nobel Laureate in Literature?
15) What Supreme Court case ruled that racial segregation in public schools was unconstitutional?
16) Who was the first African American to become a millionaire through his own business?
17) What was the first African American-owned and operated bank?
18) What city was the first major city in the United States to have an African American mayor?
19) Who was the first African American woman to become an astronaut?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.