Welcome to the trivia quiz about Bogota - the dynamic and vibrant capital city of Colombia. Located in the Andes Mountains in the north-central part of the country, Bogota is the cultural, economic, and political center of the nation. With a population of 8 million people, it is the third-largest city in South America. Since the mid-19th century, Bogota has grown rapidly amid population booms and industrial development. But this historically-important city has a lot to offer visitors, including an array of museums, colonial architecture, parks, and churches. So, let's test your knowledge of Bogota and see how much you know about this wonderful city!
1) What is the name of the capital of Colombia?
2) Which mountain range surrounds Bogotá?
3) What is the highest mountain peak near Bogotá?
4) What is the major river that runs through Bogotá?
5) What is the major language spoken by citizens of Bogotá?
6) Which of these is the largest stadium in Bogotá?
7) What is the most populous borough of Bogotá?
8) Which of the following areas have been declared UNESCO World Heritage sites in Bogotá?
9) What year was Bogotá founded?
10) Who founded Bogotá?
11) What is the name of the largest annual cultural festival in Bogotá?
12) What is the name of the largest park in Bogotá?
13) What is the name of the famous hills located in Bogotá?
14) Bogotá's climate is what type of climate?
15) What is the average annual temperature in Bogotá?
16) How many rivers flow through Bogotá?
17) The University of the Andes is located in what city?
18) What is the name of the largest botanical garden in Bogotá?
19) What is the average altitude of Bogotá?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.