Chennai, the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, is a bustling metropolis with a rich culture and history. It is the fourth most populous city in India as well as the country’s sixth largest urban agglomeration. Chennai is well-known for its deep-rooted traditions and hospitality, being dubbed “The Detroit of India” for its automobile industry, commercial hub and financial capital. From its majestic temples and colonial architecture to its thriving film industry and rich cultural heritage, Chennai has much to offer to those who visit. Test your knowledge of the city’s rich past and modern culture with this Chennai trivia template!
1) What is the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu?
2) What is the nickname of Chennai?
3) What is the most spoken language within Chennai?
4) In what year was Chennai declared as a metropolitan city?
5) What is the average temperature of Chennai which indicates its tropical wet climate?
6) Which river flows through the Chennai city?
7) How many districts does Chennai have?
8) The Marina Beach located in Chennai is the second longest urban beach in the world after which beach?
9) Which of the following is an important IT hub in Chennai?
10) The two major ports in Chennai are Chennai Port and which other port?
11) What is the name of the Chennai metro rail service?
12) Which is the most popular shopping architecture in Chennai?
13) What is the iconic rail terminus of Chennai known as?
14) The National Banana Research Centre is located in which district of Chennai?
15) The Arignar Anna Zoological Park, also known as the Vandalur Zoo is located in which district of Chennai?
16) What is the name of the popular amusement park located on East Coast Road in Chennai?
17) Chennai serves as the main educational centre of which Indian state?
18) Which is the first institute in India to offer Medical, Engineering and Research Courses?
19) Which of the following is an area of Chennai that is renowned for its traditional restaurants?
20) What is the name of the iconic 5.5 Km road connecting the two termini of the Chennai Metro?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.