Cinco de Mayo is a fun and festive holiday that commemorates Mexico’s victory over France at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. For many people, it’s a great excuse to have a party! Whether you’re joining a Cinco de Mayo celebration or hosting one for your friends and family, test your knowledge by taking this Cinco de Mayo trivia template! Try to answer the questions about Mexican culture, traditions, and the history of the holiday. So, ¡vamos a jugar! Get ready to play and have fun learning more about Cinco de Mayo!
1) Where did the Battle of Puebla take place?
2) Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of which historic event?
3) Cinco de Mayo celebrates the victory of which nation over France?
4) During which year did the Battle of Puebla take place?
5) The Battle of Puebla was led by which commander?
6) Cinco de Mayo is most commonly celebrated in which two countries?
7) What are the colors of the Mexican flag?
8) On Cinco de Mayo, what is the traditional food eaten?
9) Cinco de Mayo is the Spanish term for what?
10) What beverage is traditionally served during Cinco de Mayo celebrations?
11) What type of music is usually played at Cinco de Mayo celebrations?
12) Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of which culture?
13) How did the Battle of Puebla help Mexico?
14) Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of which type of event?
15) What is the literal translation of Cinco de Mayo?
16) Who was the president of Mexico during the Battle of Puebla?
17) What is the most popular dance performed during Cinco de Mayo celebrations?
18) How long did the Battle of Puebla last?
19) What traditional Mexican hat is often worn at Cinco de Mayo celebrations?
20) How many times has the Battle of Puebla been depicted in movies?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.