Welcome to the Colombo trivia template! Colombo is the capital and largest city of Sri Lanka. It is located on the west coast of the island and with a population of over 2 million people, it is the country's financial and commercial centre. The city is also a major seaport, as well as being the centre of education and culture in the country. Colombo is a popular tourist destination and is home to many historical attractions. It has been home to many civilizations, from the Portuguese and Dutch settlers to the British colonists and has influences from all the major religions. Test your knowledge of Colombo with this trivia template and see how much you know about this fascinating city!
1) What is the population of Colombo?
2) What is the capital of Sri Lanka?
3) What is the currency used in Colombo?
4) What is the elevation of Colombo?
5) What is the time zone of Colombo?
6) What is the predominant language in Colombo?
7) What is the latitude of Colombo?
8) What is the longitude of Colombo?
9) What is the metro area population of Colombo?
10) How many districts are there in Colombo?
11) What type of climate does Colombo have?
12) What is the approximate area of Colombo?
13) When did British colonize Colombo?
14) How many official religions are there in Colombo?
15) What is the local cuisine of Colombo?
16) Who was the founder of Colombo?
17) What is the telephone code of Colombo?
18) What is the postal code of Colombo?
19) What is the average annual temperature of Colombo?
20) What is the predominant ethnic group in Colombo?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.