Dressage is a type of classical horse training and competition, popular in many countries around the world. It is also referred to as 'the highest expression of horse training', using a combination of training techniques to develop a horse to its highest potential. It involves the horse having to execute complex patterns in a contained area, with the rider communicating subtle cues to the horse in order to achieve this. Dressage is highly competitive, with competitions held at a range of levels from amateur to international. It is considered by many to be both an art and a sport, and is seen as a way of improving the relationship between horse and rider.
1) What is the dressage test referred to as?
2) What is the term in dressage to ask the horse to halt and stand still?
3) What is the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to move the hindquarters in a circular motion?
4) What is the name of the dressage test that uses a triangular formation?
5) What type of Bridle is most often used in dressage?
6) How many movements are there in a Grand Prix Dressage test?
7) What can be used during dressage competitions to help train the horse?
8) What is the term used to ask the horse to collect his body and move with more energy?
9) What is the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to move sideways?
10) How many gaits are used in the dressage test?
11) What is the name of the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to move his front legs in a two-beat pattern?
12) What type of saddle is most often used in dressage competitions?
13) At what gait is the horse asked to perform the Collected Trot during a dressage test?
14) What is the name of the mark a judge or technical delegate awards each movement in a dressage test?
15) What is the name of the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to move its hindquarters in a circular motion?
16) How many reiners compete in a single dressage test?
17) What is the name of the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to move its front legs in a two-beat pattern?
18) What is the name of the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to move its legs in a straight line?
19) What type of horse is most often used in dressage competitions?
20) What is the name of the dressage movement in which the horse is asked to transition from one gait to the next?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.