Figure skating is an age-old sport that has captivated audiences around the world for centuries. It is a graceful and athletic form of ice skating that combines elements of dance, acrobatics, and artistry. Skaters must master a variety of spins, jumps, and steps to demonstrate their skill and finesse on the ice. Beyond its aesthetic beauty, figure skating is a sport full of incredible feats of athleticism, endurance, and sheer strength. As a competitive sport, figure skating requires skaters to demonstrate specialized techniques, spins, and jumps to score points from judges. From icy outdoor rinks to the bright lights of indoor arenas, figure skating is a highly popular sport that will continue to thrill and inspire. Test your knowledge of figure skating trivia with our quiz!
1) What is a double loop jump?
2) What type of jump is a camel spin?
3) What is the minimum number of required elements a skater must perform in the short program?
4) What is the name of the 2018 and 2022 Winter Olympics host city?
5) How much time do skaters have to complete the free skate program?
6) What is the name of the signature crossovers done by skaters during their performances?
7) Who was the first skater to successfully land a quadruple jump?
8) What is the name of the lift where one skater holds the other by their ankles while they spin?
9) What is the name of the element in figure skating where the skater performs a traveling jump in the air?
10) What is the name of the award given to the skater who receives the highest program component score?
11) What is the minimum age a skater must be to compete in the Olympics?
12) Who is credited with inventing the axel jump?
13) What is the name of the award given to the skater with the highest technical score?
14) What is the minimum number of required elements a skater must perform in the free skate program?
15) What is the name of the figure skating discipline that consists of spins, jumps, lifts, and death spirals?
16) What is the name of the governing body of figure skating?
17) What is the name of the element in figure skating where the skater jumps from a backward outside edge and lands on the same foot?
18) What is the highest level of achievement in figure skating?
19) How much time do skaters have to complete the short program?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.