Heraklion is the capital and largest city of the Greek island of Crete. Located near the ruins of the Palace of Knossos, it is the urban centre of the island and a popular tourist destination for those seeking a glimpse of the past. With its ancient history, stunning beaches and vibrant culture, Heraklion has something to offer everyone. From exploring the ruins of the Minoan civilisation, to soaking up the sun on the beach or taking part in the exciting nightlife, Heraklion is an ideal destination for those looking for a unique experience. With its mix of traditional and modern, Heraklion is a city that must be experienced to be truly appreciated. Spanning over 4000 years of fascinating history, Heraklion will leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
1) What is the capital city of Crete?
2) What is the name of Heraklion's famous archaeological museum?
3) What is the name of the Venetian castle in Heraklion?
4) What is the name of the small island located off the coast of Heraklion?
5) What is the name of the main commercial port in Heraklion?
6) What is the name of the notable beach near Heraklion?
7) What is the name of Heraklion's main square?
8) What is the name of Heraklion's main archaeological site?
9) What is the name of the local gastronomic event that takes place each summer in Heraklion?
10) In what year did Heraklion become the capital of Crete?
11) What is the name of the natural park located north of Heraklion?
12) What type of transport operates in Heraklion?
13) What is the name of Heraklion's main international airport?
14) What is the name of the notable Greek poet born in Heraklion?
15) What is the name of the local theater located in Heraklion?
16) What is the name of the museum located in Heraklion dedicated to Greek author Nikos Kazantzakis?
17) What is the name of Heraklion’s most popular shopping street?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.