Ice hockey is one of the most physically demanding and exciting team sports in the world. This high-energy contact sport gives spectators a thrilling edge of the seat experience. It has a long history stretching back to the early 19th century and is believed to have evolved from field hockey, another ancient sport. The rules of ice hockey are similar to those of the other common sports, with the main difference being the use of skates instead of shoes. Players must use sticks to propel the puck, and the team with the most goals wins the game. Ice hockey is an incredibly fast-paced and physical sport, as players battle for possession and control of the puck and throw their bodies around to make sure their team has the advantage. There are a number of different ice hockey leagues and clubs from around the world, and many countries have national teams competing in international competitions. So, if you’re looking for an exciting and intense sports experience, look no further – it’s time to put on the skates and get ready for some ice hockey!
1) What is the name of the trophy that is awarded to the winners of the Stanley Cup playoff tournament?
2) What is the name of the trophy that is awarded to the National Hockey League's regular season champion?
3) The NHL has how many divisions?
4) What is the name of the first professional ice hockey team in the United States?
5) How many players are in an ice hockey team?
6) What is the name of the penalty box in ice hockey?
7) Who is considered to be the inventor of Ice Hockey?
8) What is the name of the term that is used to describe when a player and the puck are in the same place at the same time?
9) Hockey teams have a designated captain, who wears which number?
10) What is the name of the protective headgear worn by hockey players?
11) What is the name of the most prestigious international ice hockey tournament?
12) What is the name of the style of game in which two teams skate around a rink with no goaltenders?
13) What is the size of a regulation ice hockey rink?
14) Who awarded the first National Hockey League (NHL) franchises?
15) How many periods are there in a regulation game of ice hockey?
16) How many teams have won the Stanley Cup?
17) What is the name of the distinctive white line that is used to divide the rink into three zones?
18) What type of moves are used to avoid an opposing player when carrying the puck?
19) What is the name of the goal crease in ice hockey?
20) What is the name of the penalty that is awarded to a player who bumps an opposing player with their body or stick?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.