Welcome to India trivia! This quiz will test your knowledge about the Asian country of India. India is home to more than one billion people and is the world's largest democracy. It is a diverse and vibrant nation with many languages, religions and cultures. India's history is rich and complex, spanning centuries and encompassing a multitude of cultures. India has a long and dynamic economy, with its service sector making up the largest share. India is also known for its colorful traditions, such as music and dance, and is a major player in the global economy. With its beautiful scenery, fascinating wildlife and captivating culture, India is a must-see destination for any traveler. So get ready to test your knowledge and explore the many aspects of India!
1) Who wrote the national anthem of India "Jana Gana Mana"?
2) Which mountain range forms the natural border between India and China?
3) In which language is the Indian Constitution originally written?
4) Who was the first Indian astronaut to be sent to space?
5) Which river is known as the "lifeline of Mumbai"?
6) Which Indian city is known as the "City of Joy"?
7) What is the national bird of India?
8) How many Union Territories are there in India?
9) India’s first atomic reactor was named "Apsara". What does the name Apsara mean?
10) When was the Indian National Congress (INC) founded?
11) In which district is the iconic Taj Mahal located?
12) Who is the most expensive Indian bought in an IPL auction?
13) In which Indian state does the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park located?
14) What are the two official languages of India?
15) What is the capital city of Kerala?
16) In which year was India partitioned into India and Pakistan?
17) Who is known as the "Father of Indian Cinema"?
18) Which Indian city is known as the "Silicon Valley of India"?
19) In which year was the Bangladesh Liberation War fought?
20) Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.