Iran, known officially as the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a sovereign state in Western Asia. Located at the crossroads of Central Asia, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean, Iran is bordered by Iraq, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Turkey. With an estimated population of over 80 million and a land area of almost 1,700,000 square kilometers, Iran is one of the world’s largest nations and one of the most populous countries in the Middle East. Iran has a rich cultural history and is home to many of the world’s oldest civilizations. As the birthplace of the Persian Empire, modern-day Iran is home to a number of renowned religious figures and is a major regional power. From its long-standing ties with Russia to its geopolitics in the Middle East, Iran is a fascinating country with a complex history and culture. This trivia template offers questions about Iran’s fascinating history, culture, and government.
1) What is the capital of Iran?
2) What is the oldest city of Iran?
3) How many provinces does Iran have?
4) By what name was Iran known before 1935?
5) Who was the first female judge in Iran?
6) What is the official language of Iran?
7) What is the currency of Iran?
8) What is the most widely practiced religion in Iran?
9) What is Iran's main oil export?
10) What year did the Iranian Revolution take place?
11) What is the name of the longest river in Iran?
12) What is the highest mountain in Iran?
13) What is the most populous city in Iran?
14) What is the total population of Iran?
15) What is the most popular sport in Iran?
16) What is the main type of cuisine in Iran?
17) What is the symbol of Iran?
18) What is the name of the unregulated market in Iran?
19) What is the official state ideology of Iran?
20) What type of government does Iran have?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.