Manchester United is one of the most renowned and successful football clubs in the world. Founded as Newton Heath LYR Football Club in 1878, the club changed its name to Manchester United in 1902 and has since gone on to win a record 20 league titles, 12 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and a record 21 FA Community Shields. The club has also won three UEFA Champions League titles, one UEFA Europa League title, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and one UEFA Super Cup. Its home ground, Old Trafford, is the second largest stadium in the United Kingdom with a capacity of over 75,000. Nicknamed "The Red Devils" due to the team's red-coloured kits, Manchester United has also seen a great deal of success in international competitions, including the European Cup Winners' Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup. This trivia template will explore the club's long, proud history and its star players, managers and moments.
1) What year was Manchester United founded?
2) Who was the first non-British/Irish manager of Manchester United?
3) Who scored Manchester United's first Premier League goal?
4) What colour are Manchester United's away shorts?
5) Which team did Manchester United beat to win the 1999 FA Cup?
6) Who is Manchester United's all-time top scorer?
7) How many Premier League titles have Manchester United won?
8) What season was Manchester United's record low Premier League finish?
9) What is the capacity of Old Trafford?
10) Who was the first ever Manchester United manager?
11) Who was the first Manchester United player to score a hat-trick in the Champions League?
12) How many League Cups have Manchester United won?
13) Who was the first Manchester United player to be named Footballer of the Year?
14) Who was the first Manchester United manager to win a European trophy?
15) Who was the first Manchester United captain to lift the Premier League trophy?
16) What is the nickname of the Manchester United home ground?
17) Who is Manchester United's record signing?
18) How many FA Cup wins does Manchester United have?
19) Who scored Manchester United's first goal in the Champions League?
20) Who was the first foreign player to appear for Manchester United?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.