Merck & Co. is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. It was founded in Germany in 1668 and is now based in New Jersey, USA. Merck has pioneered many of the biggest advances in modern medicine, from the discovery of Vitamin B1 in the late 19th century, to the development of breakthrough treatments for HIV/AIDS, cancer, diabetes and more. Merck is also known for its research into the development of life-saving vaccines, and its commitment to providing affordable medicines to those in need. Merck & Co. is truly a global leader in the healthcare industry, and its noteworthy contributions to modern medicine have made it an important part of our history.
1) What was the name of the pharmaceutical company before it was renamed to Merck & Co. in 1891?
2) In which industry does Merck & Co operate?
3) What was the first product Merck & Co produced when it was founded in 1668?
4) Since when has Merck & Co had global operations?
5) What year was Merck & Co listed on the New York Stock Exchange?
6) In 1995, which pharmaceutical company did Merck & Co acquire?
7) How many employees does Merck & Co have worldwide?
8) What is the name of the Merck & Co head office located in New Jersey?
9) What is the slogan for Merck & Co?
10) In which year did Merck & Co launch its first biologic product?
11) What is the name of the Merck & Co foundation established in 1957?
12) In which year did Merck & Co launch its first vaccine?
13) What is the full name of the Merck & Co research and development center located in Boston?
14) How many operating divisions does Merck & Co have?
15) What is the percentage of women representation at the Senior Vice President level and above in Merck & Co?
16) What is the name of the Merck & Co sustainability initiative launched in 2017?
17) What is the name of the Merck & Co research and development center located in San Francisco?
18) In which year did Merck & Co launch its first animal health product?
19) How many countries does Merck & Co have operations in?
20) What is the name of the Merck & Co research and development center located in Tokyo?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.