Welcome to Mississippi trivia! Mississippi is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is the 32nd most populous state, with almost 3 million people. Mississippi is nicknamed the Magnolia State and is known for its rich cultural heritage and music. From early Native American settlements to the Civil War and Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi has a fascinating history. Test your knowledge about Mississippi with this trivia!
1) What is the capital of Mississippi?
2) What is the state flower of Mississippi?
3) What is the state bird of Mississippi?
4) Mississippi became the 20th state to join the United States in what year?
5) Who wrote the novel A Streetcar Named Desire which was set in Mississippi?
6) What is the state amphibian of Mississippi?
7) What is the name of the current governor of Mississippi?
8) What is the state tree of Mississippi?
9) The Mississippi River is the longest which type of river in the United States?
10) In what year did Mississippi experience its last major hurricanes?
11) How many state parks does Mississippi have?
12) In the Battle of Vicksburg, who was the Union commander?
13) What type of climate does Mississippi generally have?
14) What is the state beverage of Mississippi?
15) What is the state fish of Mississippi?
16) What is the highest point in Mississippi?
17) What is the state capital of Mississippi?
18) What is the name of the 48th and current state flag of Mississippi?
19) What is the state soil of Mississippi?
20) When did Mississippi become the first state to ratify the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, abolishing slavery?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.