Welcome to Montevideo Trivia! Montevideo is the capital and largest city in Uruguay, located on the River Plate estuary in South America. The city was founded in 1726 by the Spanish explorer Bruno Mauricio de Zabala and has since grown to become the cultural and economic hub of the country. Montevideo is a vibrant and bustling city that is known for its international culture, diverse architecture, and vibrant nightlife. Whether you're a local or a tourist, there is plenty to discover and explore in Montevideo! Test your knowledge of this incredible city with the Montevideo Trivia game!
1) Where is the headquarters of Banco República located?
2) What is the name of the main port of Montevideo?
3) What is the name of Montevideo's main public university?
4) What is the national dish of Uruguay?
5) What is the name of the iconic monument that represents the city of Montevideo?
6) What is the main stadium of Montevideo?
7) What is the name of the beach located near the Palermo neighborhood?
8) What is the name of the two peninsulas located in Montevideo?
9) What is the name of Uruguay's largest shopping mall?
10) What is the name of the famous city boulevard?
11) What famous Uruguayan poet wrote the poem "La Razón de mi Cantar" (My Reason to Sing)?
12) In what year was the Obelisco de la Ciudadela constructed?
13) The historic Ciudad Vieja (Old City) district is located in what part of Montevideo?
14) What year did Montevideo become the capital of Uruguay?
15) What is the name of the annual Uruguayan festival held in Montevideo?
16) What is the name of the largest public park in Montevideo?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.