Penang Island is located off the northwest coast of Peninsular Malaysia and is part of the state of Penang. It is separated from mainland Malaysia by the Strait of Malacca. Penang Island is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Malaysia, boasting stunning beaches, a vibrant culture and delicious cuisine. The island is home to many historical attractions as well as a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, snorkeling and kayaking. Visitors to Penang Island can explore its diverse culture, discover its rich history, and sample its world-renowned food. With its beautiful scenery and eclectic array of attractions, Penang Island is an ideal destination for visitors of all ages.
1) What is the capital city of the Malaysian state of Penang?
2) Penang is made up of which two islands?
3) What is the name of the bridge that connects Penang Island to the mainland?
4) In which country is Penang located?
5) Who was the first Governor of the Straits Settlement of Penang?
6) Who is the current Chief Minister of Penang?
7) The Penang Botanic Gardens are more commonly known as what?
8) When was Penang established as a trading post by the British East India Company?
9) Penang is known as the "Pearl of the Orient". What is the other nickname used to describe Penang?
10) Georgetown was established as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in which year?
11) Which mountain range is located on Penang Island?
12) Penang National Park is home to which rare species of turtles?
13) Penang's official language is what?
14) Penang is also known for its exotic cuisines. What is the main ingredient used in Penang's famous curry?
15) What is the name of the former hill resort in Penang?
16) What type of religious festival is held annually in Penang?
17) Which of the following is NOT a UNESCO Heritage Site in Penang?
18) Which of these is NOT an animal found in Penang?
19) What is the total land area of Penang?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.