Pune is a bustling city located in the west of India, in the state of Maharashtra. It is known as the "Cultural Capital of Maharashtra" due to its strong arts and cultural heritage. It is also called "Oxford of the East" due to the number of well-known educational institutions located there. From a historical perspective, Pune was once the center of the Maratha Empire, and a key contributor to the 1857 Indian Mutiny against the British Raj. The city is home to many historic forts and monuments such as the Aga Khan Palace and Shaniwar Wada. Pune is an important industrial and IT hub, with many world-renowned business and software firms. Additionally, it is the second largest city in Maharashtra and the eighth largest in India. With its strong history, vibrant culture, and modern industry, Pune is a fascinating city well worth exploring!
1) What is the most popular temple in Pune?
2) Who is the current Mayor of Pune?
3) The western side of the city of Pune is characterized by which type of terrain?
4) In which year did Pune host the Commonwealth Youth Games?
5) What is the main medium of communication in Pune?
6) What is the estimated population of Pune?
7) What is the name of Pune Railway Station?
8) What is the name of the river that runs through Pune?
9) What is the average annual temperature of Pune?
10) During the British era, what was Pune renamed to?
11) What is the name of the Pune district?
12) Who founded the city of Pune?
13) In which year did Pune city become the first in India to install CCTV cameras?
14) Which mountain range is visible from most parts of Pune?
15) Which popular Indian dish originated in Pune?
16) What is the most common type of transport in Pune?
17) What is the name of the Biodiversity Park located in Pune?
18) What is the name of one of the most popular amusement parks in Pune?
19) What is the name of the National Defence Academy located in Pune?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.