Senegal is a country located in West Africa, bordered on the west by the Atlantic Ocean and surrounded by the countries of Mauritania, Mali, Guinea, and Guinea-Bissau. Senegal is one of the most stable democracies in western Africa and has a long history of pluralistic democracy. The country is home to a population of about 17 million people and covers an area of almost 197,000 sq km. With a rich cultural heritage and vibrant people, Senegal is renowned for its music, art, and cuisine. Senegalese cuisine is a mix of French and African cuisines, and is relatively spicy. Senegal also has stunning beaches and diverse wildlife, making it an attractive holiday destination. This trivia template explores some of the unique and interesting facts about Senegal, its people, and its culture.
1) What is the capital of Senegal?
2) What is the official language of Senegal?
3) When did Senegal gain independence?
4) What is the official currency of Senegal?
5) What is the official religion of Senegal?
6) What is the biggest ethnic group in Senegal?
7) What is the national animal of Senegal?
8) What is the national dish of Senegal?
9) What is the predominant landscape of Senegal?
10) What is the highest mountain in Senegal?
11) How many national parks are there in Senegal?
12) What is the top export of Senegal?
13) What is the average life expectancy of people in Senegal?
14) What is the official name of the Senegalese currency?
15) What is the total population of Senegal?
16) What is the largest industry in Senegal?
17) What type of government does Senegal have?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.