South Africa is a country located at the southernmost tip of the African continent, bordered by Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe to the north and Mozambique and Swaziland to the east. With a population of over 50 million, South Africa is one of the most diverse and culturally rich countries in Africa. The country is renowned for its diverse wildlife and stunning landscapes, ranging from the snow-capped peaks of the Drakensberg Mountains to the rolling vineyards of the Winelands and the white sandy beaches of the Eastern Cape. South Africa is also rich in culture and traditions, boasting eleven official languages, numerous ethnic groups and a long history of apartheid and resistance. Whether you’re an avid traveller or a passionate trivia enthusiast, South Africa’s fascinating history and rich culture is sure to keep you intrigued!
1) What is the capital of South Africa?
2) What is the official language in South Africa?
3) What is the biggest mountain range in South Africa?
4) The Big 5 game animals of Africa are found in which South African National Park?
5) South Africa is a member of which continent?
6) When did South Africa become a republic?
7) Which athlete won the 400m race in the 2012 London Olympics?
8) What is the most common traditional dish in South Africa?
9) What event did Nelson Mandela famously attend in 1995?
10) What is the currency of South Africa?
11) What mountain is located close to the city of Cape Town?
12) What is the name of South Africa's official anthem?
13) What is the highest point in South Africa?
14) South Africa is the world's leading producer of which mineral?
15) What mountain pass connects Cape Town to the Garden Route?
16) When did South Africa become an official FIFA World Cup Host?
17) The Limpopo and Orange rivers both have their origins in which mountain range?
18) What is the holiest site for South Africa's Zulu people?
19) What is the most popular sport in South Africa?
20) What is the name of the smallest South African National Park?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.