Sudan is an African country located in the northeast corner of the continent. It is bordered by Egypt to the north, Chad to the west, Ethiopia and South Sudan to the east, and the Red Sea to the east. Sudan is the third-largest country in Africa and contains a diverse range of landscapes and people. It has a long and rich history, stemming back to the days of Ancient Egypt and Nubia. The country's official language is Arabic and its capital is Khartoum. For centuries, Sudan has been at the centre of many major events and conflicts, making it an interesting and essential part of African history. Test your knowledge of Sudan with this trivia template and learn more about its people, culture, and geography.
1) What is the official language of Sudan?
2) What is the capital of Sudan?
3) How is the economy of Sudan mainly sustained?
4) What is the currency used in Sudan?
5) What is the predominant religion in Sudan?
6) What is the national flower of Sudan?
7) How many states make up the Republic of Sudan?
8) What is the largest city in Sudan?
9) What is the main ethic group in Sudan?
10) When did Sudan gain independence from Egypt and the United Kingdom?
11) Where is the region of Darfur located in Sudan?
12) What is the current president of Sudan?
13) What is the official name of Sudan?
14) What is the highest mountain peak located in Sudan?
15) What is the national anthem of Sudan?
16) What is the national dish of Sudan?
17) What is the main export of Sudan?
18) What is the largest desert located in Sudan?
19) What is the main source of energy in Sudan?
20) Which sea does Sudan border?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.