Syria is a country located in the Middle East and is one of the most important nations in the region. It is bordered by Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Israel and is home to a diverse population of 22 million people. Syria has a long history, having been part of the famous Fertile Crescent region of the Middle East. It was an important center of culture, trade, and religion throughout the ages, and is known for its many ancient monuments, such as the city of Damascus and the Citadel of Aleppo. Syria has been in an ongoing civil war since 2011, and has been a major humanitarian crisis. This trivia template is designed to provide an insight into Syria's fascinating history, culture, and politics.
1) What is the capital of Syria?
2) What is the official language of Syria?
3) What is the currency of Syria?
4) What mountain range divides Syria from Iraq?
5) What body of water borders Syria to the west?
6) What is the predominant religion in Syria?
7) What is the largest city in Syria?
8) In what year did the Syrian civil war start?
9) What is the highest point in Syria?
10) What is the largest river in Syria?
11) What ethnic background makes up the majority of Syria's population?
12) What is the official name of Syria?
13) What is the oldest continually inhabited city in Syria?
14) What river makes up a portion of Syria's eastern border?
15) What Sea is Syria's northeastern border?
16) What is Syria's main agricultural product?
17) What is the oldest standing temple in the world?
18) Who has been the President of Syria since 2000?
19) What is the name of the beach resort city located on Syria's eastern Mediterranean coast?
20) What is the coldest month in Syria on average?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.