Taekwondo is an ancient Korean martial art that not only instills physical discipline and strength, but builds character as well. It is based on the teachings of Confucius and is one of the oldest known martial arts on the planet. It is a defensive art that encourages its practitioners to defend themselves while avoiding physical aggression. Taekwondo focuses on kicks and punches, blocks, and open-hand strikes and combines them with dynamic footwork and strategic positioning to create an effective defense against attack. Taekwondo is more than just a physical discipline, though—it also serves as a mental and spiritual exercise that helps practitioners keep their focus, increase their concentration, and build their confidence. Test your knowledge about this unique art form with this Taekwondo trivia template!
1) What is the belt colour progression for beginner Taekwondo practitioners?
2) What is the term used to describe the action of rapidly moving the leg in a circular pattern?
3) What is the Korean term for a sparring match?
4) What is the Korean term for basic training or fundamentals of Taekwondo?
5) What does the term Taeguk represent?
6) What type of kick is an Ap Chagi?
7) What type of punch is a Yop Chagi?
8) What is the term used to describe the motion of two practitioners locking arms as part of a drill?
9) Which Taekwondo organization is the World Taekwondo Federation?
10) What is the name of the most basic defensive technique?
11) What is the Korean term for a demonstration of Taekwondo techniques?
12) What term is used to describe the state of being physically and mentally prepared to defend oneself?
13) What is the name of the head instructor of a Dojang?
14) What is the term for a Taekwondo uniform?
15) What is the Korean term for a pattern, usually performed individually, to demonstrate movement and control?
16) What is a type of punching technique?
17) What is the term used to describe the action of blocking an attack with the shin?
18) What term is used to describe the act of correctly executing a technique?
19) What is the Korean term for a high-kick?
20) What type of kick is a Gyaku Chagi?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.