Welcome to "This Day in History"! On this page, you can explore the events that have transformed our world and made history. Every day, we will be exploring the major events and people that have shaped the world we live in. From the first footprints left on the Moon to the first computers to the first democratic elections, we will look at the moments that changed history forever. With a range of topics from politics, culture, science, and technology, there is something here for everyone. So come, explore and learn about the historic events of this day in history!
1) In what year did the French revolution begin?
2) On what date did the United States sign the armistice to end World War I?
3) Who was the first president of the United States?
4) In which year did the Cold War end?
5) On what date was the Declaration of Independence adopted by the Continental Congress?
6) In which year did Christopher Columbus discover America?
7) On what date did the Berlin Wall fall?
8) In what year did the Treaty of Versailles end World War I?
9) Who was the first person to walk on the moon?
10) In which year did the American Revolutionary War end?
11) When did the first world war begin?
12) On what date did the Lousiana Purchase treaty take effect?
13) Who was the first president of the Confederate States of America?
14) In what year did the Spanish-American War begin?
15) With which battle did the American Revolutionary War begin?
16) In which year did World War II begin?
17) Who assassinated Abraham Lincoln?
18) In what year was the first email sent?
19) In which year did the first space shuttle launch?
20) On what date was the Statue of Liberty dedicated?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.