Verizon Communications is an American telecommunications and technology company based in New York City. It is the largest telecommunications provider in the United States and one of the largest providers of wide-area network services in the world. Verizon was founded in 2000, after the merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE. It is a household name in the telecommunications industry, offering internet, television, telephone, and wireless services to millions of customers across the country. Verizon is a leader in innovation, offering services such as 5G network technology, fiber optics, and cloud computing services. It is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 stock index. Join us in this trivia template to learn more about Verizon Communications' history and its impact on the telecommunications industry.
1) What year was the company founded?
2) What was the company's name before its merger in 2000?
3) Who is the current Chairman and CEO of Verizon?
4) What is the ticker symbol for Verizon on the New York Stock Exchange?
5) What is the Verizon loyalty program?
6) What is the name of the Verizon Media Group?
7) What type of business provides Verizon's fixed and mobile services?
8) In what year did Verizon become the 4th-largest cell phone provider in the US?
9) Which of the following is not a brand under the Verizon umbrella?
10) What is the name of the Verizon program that rewards subscribers with loyalty points?
11) What type of network does Verizon use?
12) What year did Verizon become the 2nd largest wireless provider in the US?
13) What type of services does Verizon offer?
14) How many countries are served by Verizon?
15) What is the name of Verizon's 5G network?
16) What is the name of the program that enables customers to upgrade their phones for free?
17) What type of products does Verizon Wireless sell?
18) What is the name of Verizon's public safety network service?
19) What type of customer service does Verizon offer?
20) What year did Verizon launch its 5G network?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.