Welcome to Vienna Trivia! Vienna is the capital and largest city of Austria, with a population of nearly 1.9 million people. It is one of the world's most livable cities and is a global center for culture, science, and education. Vienna is also one of Europe’s most visited cities and is home to many of Europe’s finest historic buildings and sites. The city has a rich history and culture, from the days of the Habsburg monarchy to its current status as a leading European city. Along with its rich history, Vienna is an important center for the arts, offering a wide range of classical and modern music, painting, sculpture, and architecture. Additionally, the city hosts many cultural and entertainment festivals, performances, and exhibitions. So put on your thinking cap, and get ready to test your knowledge on all things Vienna! Good luck!
1) What is the name of the tallest building in Vienna?
2) What is the name of the painting in Vienna which depicts the events leading to the Battle of Vienna?
3) What is the name of Vienna's world-famous pastry shop?
4) In which city is the Belvedere Palace located?
5) What is the name of Vienna's famous opera house?
6) What is the total area of Vienna in square miles?
7) What is the name of the street in Vienna famed for its abundance of museums, shops, and restaurants?
8) What is the population of Vienna?
9) Who was the Austrian composer who wrote the waltz “The Blue Danube”?
10) What is the name of the Vienna’s huge amusement park?
11) What is the name of the town outside Vienna which houses the Schönbrunn Palace?
12) What is the name of the grand square in Vienna which features the iconic Vienna City Hall?
13) What is the name of the small but famous church in Vienna located at the edge of the Altstadt district?
14) What is the name of the famous park built in 1642 to encircle the Schönbrunn Palace?
15) How many districts are there in Vienna?
16) What is the name of the large green oasis in the center of Vienna?
17) What is the tallest tower in St. Stephen’s Cathedral?
18) What type of cuisine is Vienna famous for?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.