The Winter Olympics is an international multi-sport event held every four years which celebrates winter sports and athletes. It takes place in cities around the world, but is generally hosted in a different country each time. The first Winter Olympics was held in Chamonix, France, in 1924, and since then more than 2,400 athletes from over 80 countries have participated. From Alpine skiing, bobsleigh and figure skating to luge, Nordic combined and ski jumping, the Winter Olympics showcases some of the world’s finest winter athletes from around the globe. Let’s see how much you know about the Winter Olympics with this trivia template!
1) What is the only type of skiing in which a skier competes against the clock?
2) What is the only type of skiing in which a skier flips and spins in the air?
3) What is the name of the two-woman event in bobsledding?
4) Which US president purchased the land for the Lake Placid Winter Olympics?
5) The first Winter Olympics to feature snowboarding was held in what year?
6) Who won the first gold medal in freestyle skiing at the Winter Olympics?
7) What was the first year that women's ice hockey was played in the Winter Olympics?
8) Who won the men's downhill skiing event at the 1998 Nagano Olympics?
9) How many rings are there in the Olympic Flag?
10) When was the first Olympic Winter Games held?
11) Who won the first gold medal in women's snowboarding at the Winter Olympics?
12) Ski Jumping is the only Winter Olympic sport in which competitors can reach speeds of more than what?
13) Who won the first gold medal in men's snowboarding at the Winter Olympics?
14) The luge is a form of what type of race?
15) Who is the most decorated winter olympian of all time?
16) What is the name of the ski with a wide binding used during the cross-country skiing event?
17) What is the name of the chemical atmosphere created when ice sport competitiors skate around the rink?
18) What is the minimum age requirement to qualify for the Winter Olympics?
19) What is the minimum age requirement for competing in the biathlon?
20) What country hosted the first Winter Olympic Games in 1924?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.