Xi'an is one of the oldest cities in China and has played an important role in Chinese history. It has served as a political and cultural center since ancient times and has been home to some of China's greatest emperors and dynasties. Located in northwestern China, it was the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and was an arterial hub of trade, cultural exchange, and diplomatic relations between East and West. Xi'an is also home to some of China's most famous cultural landmarks, including the Terracotta Army, the ancient city wall, the Bell and Drum Towers, and dozens of other monuments. Whether you're a student of Chinese history or a traveler looking to explore the cultural heritage of this ancient city, this trivia template will test your knowledge and allow you to learn more about the fascinating city of Xi'an.
1) What is the name of the wall that surrounds the ancient city of Xi'an?
2) What was the former name of Xi'an?
3) What is the oldest existing wooden structure in China?
4) What is the main source of the city's water supply?
5) What is the name of the city's most famous archaeological site?
6) What is the most popular local snack?
7) What is the name of the Beiweicomplex of tombs near Xi'an?
8) What type of cuisine is Xi'an famous for?
9) When did the city become the capital of China?
10) What is the main religion practiced in Xi'an?
11) What is the name of the city's most famous bell?
12) What is the name of the city's most famous park?
13) What was the original name of the city?
14) What is the name of the ancient city wall that surrounds Xi'an?
15) What is the name of the city's most famous temple?
16) What is the largest public square in Xi'an?
17) What is the name of the largest park in Xi'an?
18) What is the name of the city's most famous pagoda?
19) What is the name of the nearest mountain to Xi'an?
20) What is the name of the largest Muslim mosque in the city?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.