40 Mental Health Survey Questions for Questionnaire + Sample Template
This free Mental Health Survey Template consists of questions and examples that help evaluate a person’s overall mental health. Use this sample survey template to collect data from the respondents about any history of mental illness in their family, previous diagnosis, and other important personal details that will help researchers better understand their mental health condition.
Why use this example survey questionnaire to conduct a mental health survey?
Mental health is as important as physical health. It includes a person’s emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. Having sound mental health is important as it determines how people can handle stress, make choices, and interact with others. Here are some of the reasons why you should conduct a mental health survey:
1. To know the availability of mental care: Researchers can use this mental health questionnaire to understand the availability of health care around patients and know if it is adequate. Today, people are being diagnosed with various psychological and mental health issues. So, it is important a person receives immediate help and attention. Through this survey, a researcher can know if ample care facilities are available to the respondents.
2. Find out areas of mental health care that can be improved: Once the respondents fill in the survey, analyze the data collected to know if there are areas that need immediate attention. Patients experiencing mental discomfort must be treated with care and patience. Through this sample mental health survey questionnaire, researchers can understand the state of mind of the patients in a better way.
3. Know the most common mental disorders: The survey questions on mental health help the respondents fill in the elaborate details about what they experiencing. Researchers can identify mental health patients, issues and suggest treatment for them.
4. Identify population segments prone to a certain disorder: Use our mental health assessment questionnaire to identify if the person is prone to mental illness such as depression or carries a risk of suicide.
5. Know the reasons behind mental illness: Mental illness can be quite disturbing for the families of the people suffering from it. There can be various reasons causing mental stress. These factors may lead to mental illness gradually. Also, these factors can vary depending on the demographics, work environment, income, etc. Hence, the responses to mental health survey questions for college students, teenagers, and youth might be different from those for mental illness questions for adults.
Customize this example mental health survey questionnaire to include open-ended questions and apply logic to ask personalized questions based on their responses.