The multiple choice: select one question is the standard question type for online surveys. As one of the primary standards in online survey tools, it has a number of benefits:
- Respondents quickly recognize the question type in surveys.
- Easily transition from vertical response layout to horizontal response layout for rating scales.
- Online survey best practice calls for always having an "other" option: include this easily with the click of a button.
What is a multiple choice: select one question?
A multiple choice: select one question is a single select question that provides a radio button or option button for users to choose only one of a predefined set of options.
How can I add a Select One question?
To add a multiple choice select one question, go to: Login >> Edit >> Workspace
- Click on the Add Question button.
- Now you will see various options, under Basic >> click on multiple choice >> Select one.
- Add Option: Use this option to add more answer choices in the answer field.
- Add Other: This option helps to add 'Other' as an answer choice in the list.
- Add/Edit Answers in Bulk: This option helps to add answer choices in bulk. We can copy and paste the list of answer options directly in this field. You can also enable other option to add 'Other' as an answer choice in the list.
- Required: When you add questions to a survey, by default, required option is turned off. When required option is not enabled, respondents can continue with the survey without selecting answers. If respondents go through all the pages in the survey without selecting answers, the response is still considered as complete. You can enable required option to make a question required so that respondents can continue with the survey only after responding to the questions.