What is an audio survey?
An audio survey has audio clips embedded in the questionnaire. Usually, the survey administrator gives a short introduction and asks questions at the end of the audio clip. Alternately, the survey administrator can also ask question first and then play the audio. If the length of the audio is more, questions can be asked at regular intervals.
Embedding an audio file in your surveys is great way to offer a more engaging experience to the respondents. The type of questions asked in a survey has a significant impact on how respondents perceive and answer the question. By embedding audio in surveys, you ensure your questionnaire has optimum coverage, carries a substantial and trusted source of information, and much more.
The market researchers aim to design, create, and present surveys that would good responses, in terms of both quantity and quality. Surveys with audio are capable of delivering a lot more information in less time as compared to written text. This creates a concise and compact survey, and makes it visually appealing too.
Example of an audio survey
Consider a media company publishes podcasts every week on social media sites. At the end of the podcast, they can embed a short audio clip requesting feedback on the podcast.
Another example can be an online quiz. The participants should listen to an audio clip embedded in the quiz and asked to identify the speaker.
Uses of embedding audio in survey
- Customer feedback survey: Want to know what customers think about your product? Create a survey with audio explaining the features and benefits of your product. A humanoid introduction to the product will make an impact and help you get positive feedback.
- Healthcare surveys: On average, people tend to forget almost 80% of the healthcare information. Embedding an audio survey question helps to solve the barrier of poor recalling and complicated medical concepts.
Advantages of using audio in surveys
- Gain attention of the respondents: The average attention span is shrinking fast. Already, the population is electronically inclined, and digital media has compelled us to push for multimedia communication. Embeding code of an audio file in the questionnaire is the latest method to survey millennials and Gen-Z.
- Instantly connect with the audience: A text question can be misunderstood or misinterpreted by the respondents as they can't questions. An audio question in surveys instantly connects with the audience with its focused and descriptive content leaving no gaps for misinterpretation.
- Increased engagement: An audio question makes the survey more engaging. The audio file can be a song, podcast or a short narrative. By adding audio file to a survey, it's easy to catch attention of the respondents and hold it for a longer time as compared to the textual questions.
- Eliminating bias: While conducting a qualitative survey, in-person or online surveys suffer from a lot of bias such as observer bias, interviewer prejudice, double-barreled questions, social desirability bias, etc. Surveys with audio eliminate all such biases.
- Marketing your products or services: The cost of running an advertisement and reaching out to the prospective customers for pitching your product or service is high. In an audio survey, you get to market your product and indulge in branding activities at a comparatively lower cost. Also, you can add a lot of creativity in audio surveys.
How to embed audio in your surveys
Check out our 'Survey with audio' help document for a better understanding of how it works.