What is a slider question?
Slider scale questions let respondents rate an answer option on a numerical scale by dragging a slider.Respondents drag the sliding bar to log their answers. Sliding bar questions are a type of graphical rating question types. Respondents don’t have to enter any text or number to answer a question.
Slider rating scales gives researchers an opportunity to produce question and answer styles that incorporate a wider breadth of answers, as well as enable animation and interactivity. With slider questions in a survey, the respondents can select values from a continuous range by dragging a slider through the range.
Uses of a slider survey question
Survey slider questions are generally used when there are multiple answer options. Although you can be used this question type for a single answer option too. The slider is a great way to engage your audience with an interactive text or numeric sliding scale.
Types of slider questions in sliding scale survey
- Text slider: A text sliding scale question slides over textual answer options. Based on the point at which the respondent has left the indicator, the answer will be selected.
- Numerical slider: A numerical sliding scale question slider over numerical answer options. Respondents can slide the indicator towards the right or left to increase or decrease the number respectively.
You can select from below options to set up rewards in QuestionPro surveys.Once you set up qualifying criteria, you need to select a reward:
Example of a slider question
Slider questions can be used in numerous situations. You can build slider questions for:
- How much time do you spend on the below activities?
- How often do you have below cuisines?
- How satisfied are you with the following?
Advantages of slider questions
- Gather feedback on multiple items: Sliding question types let you collect feedback on multiple items related to the same question at one go.
- Easy to answer: Respondents have to just drag the slider to answer the question. Thus, it takes very little effort on their side to answer the question.
- Quick to answer: Respondents can answer many questions in very less time. They just have to click on the sliding bar to answer the question.
- Works well on both desktop and mobile: Slider questions work well on both desktop and mobile and look equally good.
How to use a slider question to create a sliding scale survey?
Check out our slider question help document for a better understanding of how it works.