What is a smiley face survey question?
Smiley face questions are a visual means of sharing feedback, opinion, and experience. They can be used to measure the satisfaction level and the extent of likingness.
Smiley faces communicate emotions and is often used in customer and employee feedback surveys. They are easy to use and quick to answer, and so are a massive hit among both survey creators and respondents.
Smiley rating question has textual question and smiley face answers as options. The emoji survey question has a 5-point smiley face scale, representing sentiments from negative to positive.
How can I set up the smiley face survey question?
- Login QuestionPro Surveys.
- Open your survey. Go to Edit.
- Go to Workspace.
- Click on Add Question.
Add smiley rating question:
- Under the Basic menu, click on Smiley - Rating.
- Validation: When you add questions to a survey, by default, validation toggle is turned off.
Learn more about setting up and using this feature with our help file on the smiley face question type.
- Force Response : When this option is not enabled, respondents can continue with the survey without selecting answers. If respondents go through all the pages in the survey without selecting answers, the response is still considered as complete. You can enable this option to make a question required so that respondents can continue with the survey only after responding to the questions.
- Request Response : When this option is enabled, respondents are reminded to answer the question. While submitting the survey, the respondents are shown a pop-up confirming if they want to proceed without answering the question.
Other graphical rating questions:
- Star-rating: It has a 5-star rating for each answer option.
- Video-rating: It asks respondents to watch a video and give a 5-star rating.
- Thumbs up/down: It is a multiple-choice question with yes and no as the only two options.
- Push to social: It allows you to send positive feedback on a survey to social media sites.
- Text slider: It allows respondents to slide a pointer over textual answer options.
- Numeric slider: It allows respondents to slide a pointer over numerical answer options.