How an I create a custom survey URL?
What is the Custom Survey URL option used for?
Custom Survey URL is used when you need a concise, easy to remember URL for the survey. This can make it easier for respondents to access the link.
NOTE: The custom survey URL is a non-tracking URL. Responses will be saved as anonymous with no data connecting the response to the respondents. It is not possible to implement respondent tracking if you are using a custom survey URL.
How can I setup a custom URL for my survey?
- Log in » Surveys (Select Survey) » Edit » Live Survey Link
- Click Customize.
- Enter the name you'd like to use for the URL.
- Characters allowed: Lowercase letters (a-z), numbers(0-9) and the hyphen "-" character. Uppercase letters and special symbols or characters are not valid URL characters.
- Click Save.
- If you get an error, "Please select a different Short Name," it means the option you entered is already in use.
- Your customized URL is immediately available for use! When distributing the URL, please do not use www in the link. For example, the link would be http://demo.questionpro.com, rather than http://www.demo.questionpro.com.
This feature/tools described here are available with any of the paid licenses :
- Professional Edition
- Corporate Edition