Christmas is observed on December 25th around the world and is marked by celebrations and traditions such as gift-giving, tree decorations, and the singing of Christmas carols. Christmas is also a time for families and friends to come together and celebrate the holiday. It is a widely observed holiday in many countries and a public holiday in many countries. What is more fun than Christmas trivia with your friends and family? We have shortlisted the most intriguing Christmas trivia questions and answers for you to ask your friends this Holiday season.
Here are some of the most intriguing trivia questions and answer options with a Christmas theme:
- What is the traditional material used to make a Christmas wreath?
Pine, fir, holly, ivy
- In what country was the Christmas tree first used?
Germany, Sweden, Denmark, France
- Who wrote “A Visit from St. Nicholas,” also known as “The Night Before Christmas”?
Moore, Dickens, Frost, Shakespeare
- In what language is “O Holy Night” originally written?
French, Spanish, Italian, Latin
- In the film “It’s a Wonderful Life,” what is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel?
Clarence, Gabriel, Michael, Raphael
- What is the traditional Christmas flower?
Poinsettia, mistletoe, holly, lily
- In the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas,” how many lords a-leaping are there?
Eight, nine, ten, eleven
- What is the traditional Christmas meal in Japan?
KFC, sushi, ramen, tempura
- What is the capital city of Norway, where the legend of the Yule Goat originated?
Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger
- What is the name of the reindeer with a shiny, red nose?
Rudolph, Blitzen, Donner, Cupid
- What is the traditional Christmas dessert in the United States?
Pie, cake, cookies, pudding
- Who wrote the lyrics to the song “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing”?
Charles Wesley, John Newton, Isaac Watts, George Whitefield
- Who is the main character in the film “A Christmas Carol”?
Ebenezer Scrooge, Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, Jacob Marley
- What is the traditional Christmas drink in the United Kingdom?
Eggnog, hot chocolate, apple cider, coffee
- What is the capital city of Finland, where Santa Claus is said to live?
Rovaniemi, Helsinki, Turku, Tampere
- In the song “Jingle Bells,” what mode of transportation do the lyrics refer to?
Sleigh, train, car, bus
- What is the traditional Christmas plant in the United Kingdom?
Mistletoe, poinsettia, holly, ivy
- Who wrote the lyrics to the song “O Come, All Ye Faithful”?
John Francis Wade, Charles Wesley, Isaac Watts, John Newton
- In the film “Elf,” what is the main character’s name?
Buddy, Santa, Jovie, Michael
- What is the traditional Christmas meal in Italy?
Feast of the Seven Fishes, roast beef, turkey, ham
- What is the capital city of Australia, where Christmas falls in the summer?
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- In the song “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” what is the main character asking for?
Fruitcake, cookies, chocolate cake, Candy
Do you want to use these questions in your very own trivia? Create your trivia and quizzes with accessible real-time gamified dashboards using QuestionPro LivePolls.